We welcome thank you cards, comments and suggestions at the practice.

If you have any suggestions for how we could improve our services, or if you would like to see us offering a new service, our Practice Manager would be happy to hear from you.  Call 860224 and ask to speak to her, write to her, or email

If you would prefer your feedback to be anonymous, you can also contact the Strachur Patient Participation Group who can then pass on your feedback to the practice.

Medical care is highly complex and, even at the best practices, things sometimes do not go as planned. Where we identify things that could possibly be done better, we use 'Significant Event Analysis' forms to improve the way we do things.

In the event that you are unhappy with any aspect of your medical care, please inform a member of staff. Alternatively, you can contact the Practice Manager who is our Complaints Officer.

Call 860 224 and ask to speak to the Practice Manager, or email her at or write to her:

Practice Manager
Strachur Medical Practice
Argyll PA27 8BX

We aim to deal with all complaints within two weeks, offering an explanation of what happened, what we have done to prevent this happening again, and - where appropriate - an apology.

We are constantly looking to improve the care we provide. All feedback - positive and negative - and Significant Event Analyses are discussed internally at our regular practice meetings (patient details are removed where appropriate). Significant Events are reviewed after a set period of time to ensure any suggested changes have actually taken place. Feedback and Significant Events are also externally reviewed annually by an independent GP as part of our formal appraisal process.

If you do not want to make a complaint directly to the practice, or are unhappy with our handling of a complaint, you can contact the Health Board directly:
The Complaints Team, NHS Highland, PO Box 5713, Inverness,
IV1 9AQ. (Tel 01463 705997, Fax 01463 711322)

If you remain unhappy with the Health Board's response, you can ask the Scottish Public Service Ombudsman (SPSO) to review your complaint.